If your site is not found by search engines, there is no way your business will be found by prospective customers through search engines such as Google, Bing, yahoo etc. Technically, the site must be user friendly too. As a discerning business owner, you would want to know with absolute clarity that your site is found by the most important search engines, in other words if your site is search engine friendly or not.
The processes of finding out how your website is optimized to rank better in search results is Site Audit. By conducting site-audit, you can find out any possible issues that might come in the way of your site being found by search engines as sub-optimal. Based on the findings, you can take corrective actions for complete optimization.
Some of the key checkpoints on your site in order to achieve for Search Engine Optimization (SEO) are given below:
1. Visibility to all major search engines
2. Is the site secure with HTTPS and other best practices?
3. Are the “Redirects” for all versions of site URLs are reaching your site pages properly
4. Have a well-defined site map (an XML site map) is available covering all pages
5. Are all internal links working properly and if any broken links / 404 errors?
6. Do all meta tags are available?
7. Are there any external links (aka backlinks) available? If so, are they all working properly?
8. Does your site meet Speed index recommendations of search engines?
9. Is your site responsive and mobile phone accessible?
10. Are there any malware and unwanted attributes on the site?
11. Is the textual content and keyword relevance checked?
Sure, it is a herculean task and it takes mammoth amounts of time to check these things personally and it is scary do keep doing the same at regular intervals.
It is highly recommended to use automated tools and luckily help is available handy. Still best is, such help is available absolutely free of cost. Kotes digital offers the site audit check at no cost and the check can be done periodically.