February 2, 2023
Preschool marketing challenge
Parents are currently searching on the internet for a school like yours, is your preschool running ads on Google to respond to the searches?
Have you thought of how to leverage the current trends of seeking information online to increase your preschool enrollments.
Are your website and social profiles up-to date and reflecting your preschool programs as you would expect them to be?
Getting the attention of prospective customers (parents) and convincing them to sign up for a school tour is another challenge. Preschool enrollments depend on the trust level gained by parents and various other factors. Nevertheless, school tours are a fantastic opportunity for achieving your enrollment goals.
Criteria – Years in the service and reputation:
The decision criteria which parents use to evaluate your school as opposed to your competitor can change over time, depending on the class for which the admission is sought. This throws the challenge of keeping your website and digital profiles with accurate information for different preschool programs.
To build reputation, it takes years of time for preschools and catching the attention of parents can be tricky. Most importantly, your preschool ads must be visible to prospective parents when they are looking for admissions and actively searching on the internet, right on, at the right time and location. It is equally important to save your top dollars, especially during the initial stages of your preschool when competing with established players.
Fortunately, help is available. Today, many digital marketing agencies specialize in Preschool marketing. An agency specialized in preschools will make an enormous difference in strategy, planning and execution. However, the amount of money for the services that different agencies charge you would be daunting. It is necessary for preschools to understand what needs to be done so as to deal with the agency adroitly and to increase the preschool enrollments.
Here are 6 essentials ways that preschools can implement to increase your preschool enrollments.
We are a full-service digital marketing company. Follow us on:
1. School Profile on Google my Business and Other listing sites
In 2023 if your preschool is not registered with Google My Business, it means prospective parents are NOT find you easily.
Google my business is a FREE business listing which shows up when a prospective customer searches for products or service on Google search.
Parents may not be searching on Google by your preschool name, but Google will show your preschool along with other local preschools if your profile is desirable in Google’s algorithm.
What this means is that parents are finding your school on their own, another important aspect is that all the key information of your preschool is available right in front of them. Parents can read reviews of your preschool, get address, directions and can even get directed to your website. They can even make a phone to your preschool with just a click.
This is a great opportunity to increase your preschool enrollments, all you have to do is maintain a profile of your preschool on Google. Here are some best practices you can use to get your listing reaches the right people and will help your preschool stand out from the competition.
What you should do!
- Make sure your business listing is accurate. Include all relevant information about your preschool such as location, hours, contact information, and photos.
- Utilize Google Posts to share news, events, and other updates with potential customers.
- Use keywords in your listing that are relevant to preschools, such as “early childhood education” or “infant daycare”.
- Respond to reviews, both positive and negative, in a timely manner.
- Ask your current customers to leave reviews on your listing.
2. Pay-Per-Click Ads
While your website has great content and provides the best user experience it is not easily visible to parents searching on the internet, unless the pages are indexed by search engines. Even after the search engines index your site pages, it takes a long time for your pages to show up on the 1st page of search results. The quickest and sure way of having your site pages show up on the very first page of search results is paid marketing or pay-per-click Ads. Google Ads, Facebook Ads, Bing Ads, Yahoo Ads are all different ways of getting the attention of your potential prospective customers based on your geographic filters.
Even if you have configured SEO, it is advised that paid PPC Ads be used in combination because, the searching parents won’t go past the first 3-4 results of the listings and very few users read the search listings beyond the first page.
Even if the SEO ranking is higher for your website, PPC Ads are shown first in the search, even though sponsored search results (Ads) may not be favored, unless they appeal to the visitors’ senses.
What you should do!
Creating an effective digital marketing strategy for a preschool website requires careful planning and execution. Here are some best practices that can help your preschool website achieve success:
- Optimize your website program pages for search engines: Make sure the site is permitted for search engines.
- Make sure your website is optimized for search engine crawlers by including relevant keywords, optimizing meta tags, and writing unique and informative content.
- Start by researching the keywords you select by ensuring that they are relevant to your business and have high search volume.
- You should also consider using long-tail keywords to target more specific audiences.
- Once you have your keyword list, create compelling ads that will stand out to potential customers.
- Make sure to include a call to action and offer incentives to get people to click on your ads.
- You should also track your campaigns and analyze the data to see what is working and what isn’t.
- Optimize your ads and keywords to get the best performance possible.
3. Preschool Website
Your school website is your most important asset to generate leads on the Internet. It has been observed that over the years more leads are being originated from the internet than the traditional methods used earlier. More and more schools are using the modern methods (Digital Marketing methods) to meet their marketing goals.
Besides, having a website for a preschool is incredibly important for both parents and educators. For parents, a website provides important information about the school, such as the curriculum, staff, and contact information etc. It also allows parents to stay up to date with the school’s activities and events. For educators, a website provides an effective way to communicate with parents, as well as advertise the school to potential new families. Additionally, a website can also be an effective way to showcase the school’s accomplishments and successes.
Ultimately, having a website can create a strong sense of community and can be a great asset for any preschool. Here are a few tips to conduct the school tours by prospective parents.
What you should do!
- Create a clear and user-friendly website: Your website should be easy to navigate, with all the necessary information easily available. Pay special attention to the design and user experience to ensure visitors can find the information they need quickly and easily.
- Show a separate page for each program that you offer.
- Give a drop-down menu for admissions related information and all details about regulations.
- Give a separate interface to submit a school tour request.
- Give a calendar page with school activities and events.
- If you have a Parent-Teacher association, dedicate a page for that.
- Try giving blogs from your schools with separate menu and sub-menu.
- Get backlinks and forward links to your social media profiles and listings.
- Consistently display publicly posted Reviews (on Google, listing sites, Facebook etc.), preferably on each program page. This will reinforce the positive impressions already created in the minds of the parents.
- Finally, make sure that your SEO work done meeting the Google, Bing and other Search engines algorithms, by using meta tags, meta descriptions and content optimization etc.
4. Social Media Marketing
In 2022, social media is highly effective way of communication with prospective customers. You can use social media to communicate events, weekly updates and share stories of your school which are interesting and stir engagement.
Social media an effective way of raising brand awareness. In social media world endorsements such as like, subscribe, comment mean everything.
If your school has an active Instagram or Facebook profile which means you post updates daily or weekly your chances of marketing success multiply, this happens because of the brand awareness social media can create.
What you should do!
Some best practices of using social media for preschools are given below:
- Create a visually appealing account that is consistent with your brand. Use colors, fonts, and images that will attract your target audience.
- Post regularly with interesting content. Share stories, photos, and videos from your preschool and its activities.
- Engage with your followers by responding to comments and messages.
- Partner with influencers in the preschool niche to create content for your social media channels.
- Make use of ads and sponsored posts to reach a wider audience.
- Monitor your social media analytics to track the performance of your posts and campaigns.
5. School Tour Experience
School tour is the best opportunity to win the confidence of parents. Often, they want to know the place where their child would be spending most part of the day. Parents look for a few key factors when they go on school tours before they take a decision.
They may be looking at the overall environment of the school and how the faculty and staff interact with the students. Additionally, they often check the safety of the school, the resources available to the students, the quality of the education, the extracurricular activities, and the opportunities for parental involvement. Ultimately, parents want to make sure that the school is a good fit for their child, both in terms of academic and social development
Focus and prepare to give the best experience with accurate and interesting information on your student approach, methodology, Day-care, extra-curricular activities, Before-and-After School services, transportation facilities and anything else which makes your school great and better than others.
If the parent tours are done efficiently, you should be closing more than 80% of the targeted preschool enrollments. Here are a few tips to conduct the school tours for prospective parents.
What you should do!
- Plan for every tour – about what you speak with the parents, the tour sequence, Things to be highlighted during the tour. Be ready with solid answers for frequently asked questions.
- Prepare an introduction speech about your school, methodologies, past students’ success etc.
- During the tour listen to their questions and concerns patiently. Address their specific needs.
- Ask if their child has specific needs, talk about them during the tour and explain how your school can accommodate their specific needs, only if you can address those specific needs.
- Give every parent a packet consisting of a brochure, FAQs with answers, A copy of recent newsletter, Admission forms, Fee details etc.
- Give an inexpensive but useful giveaway to the child.
- If you think that the child is a good fit to your school, ask the parent politely if they are interested to sign-up.
- Ask the parents for their feedback (This is of great help to improve your process), in addition to leaving a strong feeling that your school is run professionally.
6. Remarketing to Missed Customers
Remarketing is a powerful tool that can be used to reach potential customers who have already engaged with your preschool. It can be used to send targeted ads to people who have visited your website, viewed your content, or interacted with your social media profiles. Remarketing can be used to send personalized messages to people who are already interested in your preschool and encourage them to take action. This can help you increase brand awareness and lead to more conversions. Additionally, remarketing can allow you to tailor your message to different customer segments, allowing you to more effectively target your audience. The benefits of remarketing for a preschool are that it can help increase engagement with potential customers and ultimately lead to more preschool enrollments.
An email campaign to send out weekly newsletters with updates on upcoming events, school programs, and activities could be a good way to engage with customers who come in touch with your business online at any point in time. You can also create social media accounts to share interesting images and videos of the students and teachers. Additionally, some display Ads can be planned on Google Ads that would be targeted to customers visiting similar content by site visitors to help increase your preschool enrollments.
What you should do!
A few pointers for consideration while remarketing is planned are:
- It’s important to establish goals and objectives for the program. Consider what kind of activities you want to focus on, what the desired outcome is, and how you plan to measure success.
- Once you have these goals in place, you can create a program plan with specific activities and learning objectives. Make sure to include a variety of activities that are fun and educational for the students.
- Next, you’ll need to decide how to promote the program to your target audience. Consider using email campaigns, social media, and advertising to spread the word.
- You can also invite parents and other members of the community to attend the program launch event or other activities.
- Further, you’ll need to evaluate the effectiveness of the program. Use surveys to get feedback from parents and students to see if they felt the program met their expectations.
- You can also compare the results of the program to goals and objectives you previously established. By doing this, you can get a better understanding of how to make improvements in the future.
- Finally, consider creating a referral program that rewards current parents for referring new parents to your preschool.
If all the 6 essential ways of digital marketing are implemented carefully, your school website and all your digital assets on various social media platforms create a very positive impression in the minds of your targeted customers will surely increase your preschool enrollments.